Monday, April 11, 2016

Altered Items


Altering things. One of my absolute FAVORITE things to do! I love taking something that no longer has a purpose and give it new life. Altering items really makes you think outside the box! Today I'm going to show a few of my favorite altered projects!

The dictionary defines ALTER as: 

                                     change or cause to change in character or composition, typically in a comparatively small but significant way.



One of my first altering projects was altering plain lunch paper bags. This one I used Graphic 45's Typography line to make this a fun bag to put stuff in!






For this altered bag, I used G45's Botanical Tea collection! Plus a few odds and ends.


For this project, I did a large chipboard letter "V" for my friend Vicki's name. This was lots of layering and collaging of different items and elements. 



These were a couple of cute chipboard tea pots I altered for a tea swap I participated in. These were incredibly fun!


And lastly, these are fun hanging decorations I made. The hearts were for a Valentine's swap. Again, so fun to make!

Altering items is SO FUN, and really stretches your creativity! What are some different items you've altered?



No comments:

Post a Comment