Sunday, April 10, 2016

Julie Nutting Dolls--Valentina

This is a blog series I will be doing on my Julie Nutting doll projects! Julie Nutting doll stamps--first of all, LOVE. They are stamps that are meant to be crafted and played with like a paper doll. They have no faces, but I think they look all the more cuter for it. They are designed for mixed media, so really, anything goes with these dolls!

Today I'm showing off my Valentina projects. I LOVE this doll. With her boots, she's great for winter projects. Her dress is also super cute, and I love her hair!

Generally, I tend to "paper piece" my dolls, which is what you see above. You stamp out the skin on a neutral piece of paper, then stamp out the clothes on designed scrapbook paper, then cut it all out and glue together. I also then color in the hair and add highlights to make her more lifelike.


First, I have an Advent Pocket Letter I made for a swap. There's 4 pages of Pocket Letters, with numbers to count down to Christmas! There's goodies in all of the pockets. I added Valentina to the top of the "book" with a Christmas dress and boots. Here I made her blonde.



This was also for a swap, a Christmas Fairy was the theme.  Again, with the winter theme, Valentina was perfect for this! I had fun adding wings, glitter, and I even colored her hair green with blue highlights! Adding a Santa hat was the final touch!


And finally, I have a coffee themed Pocket Letter I made. I went with a very neutral colored dress, so the colors in the background could stand out. It also goes perfectly with the elements in the page.

Those are my Valentina projects! I'm sure I'll be making many more next winter! I also think she'd be great for fall, too!

If you want to be further inspired with Julie Nutting, you can check out her Facebook page HERE
You can find her products in most craft and scrapbook stores, and if all else fails, they have many of them on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment