Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Alice In Wonderland Swap


Another recent swap in my favorite art group (Art Exchange, Happy Mail) was a Alice in Wonderland art swap. We could make anything we wanted using anything from Alice in Wonderland. Great theme for an artist!

For my swap partner, Trish Camier, I made this really fun collage



I started with a gelli print on the top, that is mostly white with a bit of red. Then at the bottom I applied gesso as texture through my clocks stencil. I colored over with some Tim Holtz distress paints in Forest Moss, Seedless Preserves, and Silver. Also added a few abstract stamps in red. Then I had fun collaging items! Alice I drew on another sheet of paper with charcoal, and colored her in with pastels. I love the way this came out!  I sent a bunch of other fun goodies with this too.

And this is what I received in return from Trish!





She made me little Alice in Wonderland journal! She left half of it empty for me to fill in later! She also sent with it lots of cute papers and tags! I ADORE it!

This swap was so much fun and so successful, that we are going to be doing another one soon. This one will focus on the Mad Hatter Tea Party. Can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment