Friday, July 25, 2014

Fairy ATCs


One of my favorite things I've made over the last few months have been fairy ATCs.  They are so gosh darn CUTE!

I started by making some for a swap: then I had so much fun, I made extra. I made some more even more recently!

They are pretty simple...first I make some colorful gelli prints, and cut fairy wings out of those. Then I take a black silhouette image of a girl, shrink it down on my PC, then print it. I use this to do an image transfer right onto the ATC. Then I go back with my black paint pen and fix anything that needs fixing. They come out kind of imperfect, but I like that. Then I paint the background with watercolors, add some glitter. After they are dry, comes the really fun part--naming them! They each have a unique name. I write that on the bottom of the card, then edge each card with distress paint--and Voila!--Cute little fairy ATCs!

















My favorites are Celeste, Fawn, Adalynn, and Lola. I have a dear friend named Lola who lives in The Netherlands, and I sent her my Lola fairy, which thrilled her!

Anyways, very fun fun project, and I can't wait to make some more!



No comments:

Post a Comment