Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hi and Welcome!


Welcome to my new art blog! I've been blogging for quite awhile on other subjects, but decided I wanted a place to showcase all my stuff.  And maybe hopefully inspire you all as well! 

This blog will mostly be a showcase, but I might also include some how-to's or tips occasionally as well.  I'm going to try to post at least once a week for now, but we'll see. 

A little bit about me: Hi, my name is Jenny, or you can call me my moniker, Juliababyjen, or just Jen, or Julia...heck you can even call me Baby if you want to!  I'm a 37 year old married mother of 4.  My current gig is a part time chef for a senior assisted living facility, which I love!  I'm also really big in the book world, am on 2 different author street teams, have a blog, I Booktube (bookish videos on YouTube) and I volunteer a lot. 

In my spare time, somewhere in there, I like to make art.  I've been making and creating things forever, since I was an itty bitty little preschooler.  My mom really encouraged our creativity, and gave us projects as "homework" daily. When I was in high school, I took several art classes and loved it--but eventually, I had to drop them to keep up with my college prep courses. Which actually did me no good in the long run anyways, so yeah. Bummer.

When I was a young mother I started journaling.  Now we have an actual term for it: Artistic journaling. My journals were a mash up of doodles, drawings, poems, lists, musing, thoughts..whatever was in my brain at the time I guess!  I kept up with those in my free time, but about 10 years I ago I stopped doing almost anything creative.  I went through a rather rough time for awhile, which I'm not going to get into, but it was a bunch of crap all happening at one basically!

Our family and I came out of it okay, and we moved and started over about a year ago in a little town. And then, this last January, I was on YouTube and learned about "Mail Art," "Mixed Media," "Art Journaling," "Altered Art"....and I thought, I really need to try this stuff!

So here I am now, 6 months later having the time of my life with all this art "stuff!" I've tried loads of different techniques, learned about new mediums, and made a ton of fun new art friends! I'm constantly learning something new, and a lot of that is due to this great art community I'm in. Friends make anything so much better!

So let's get this party started!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny... Welcome to the Blog World.
    My name is Sonia (call me Sony) from Puerto Rico... I have a blog too:
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Sony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I'll check it out Sony!

    ReplyDelete